Sunday, October 3, 2010

Joggin'

I don't jog to get to lose weight, and I say this without any trace of smugness. If there actually was a way jogging would make my butt and chest bigger, I'd do it every single day!

Team sports bore me (so much for being a team player!). Ever since I got hit on the face by a basketball while watching a pickup game when I was in fifth or sixth grade, I have a strong aversion towards ballspleasewipethatdirtythoughtoffyourmind! But really, even tennis balls scare the shit out of me.

I was a cheerleader in high school because I liked prancing around in short skirts better than jostling with other smelly players for a jump ball or a spike. If I were to get all sweaty might as well do it with pompoms and ribbons and look all good and girly, right?

I jog because I like the alone time, just me and whoever's on shuffle mode in my iPod (right now it's Britney Spears, the Glee cast, Mario and Paramore). I don't even like jogging with someone, lest I might be expected to make small talk and God knows how much I despise that, especially when every breath should be conserved for the running.

I don't just jog anywhere. It has to be around campus, most often around Baker and the Freedom Park. My ideal time would actually be early morning, best when it just rained the previous night. But since I hoard waking up late in the morning (since I'm always up at the crack of dawn, or I just got into bed before dawn after a night of partying), I settle for late afternoon, around 5 pm. It also allows me to people watch, as the place is usually crammed with families on picnics, couples canoodling on the grass, and other sports fanatics. On a good day I'd spot another runner with really great ass. Ah, motivation. Sometimes I'd take Ging to play or run, but right now she prefers to stay at the computer shop or read her pocketbooks than tag along with old foggy Mom. Pre-teens, hay.

I run when I'm really happy or really down, but curiously not when I'm bored. If I'm bored I'd rather sleep or watch dvd's. When I'm happy, the endorphins make me extra high, like I feel I could do anything. When I'm sad or angry, running's a great stress reliever and the solitude is a fine opportunity to mull over stupid mistakes and plan my enemy's demise, nyaha. It's good detox as well after a night of excessive drinking, whoo.

And for some weird reason, my running shoes should be pink, or else I don't get inspired at all.

1 comment:

  1. well said! nice motivation hahaha! - makoy

    ReplyDelete