Thursday, January 31, 2013

Aww-moments with my Ging-ging

Just want to share kasi super natuwa naman ako.

I went home feeling really crappy: my throat feels like it's being scrubbed by a steel brush every time I swallow, my nose was clogged, my head was pounding and my whole body feels really heavy and achy all over, yung parang tatrangkasuhin ka? After eating, I laid on the bare mattress on our room's floor to rest for a little while before washing the dishes. I've been squatting on the floor ever since Ging had a bout of head lice during summer and we started sleeping on separate beds para di magkahawahan. Eventually she just got used sleeping on the big bed alone and, save for a few times, she prefers having the bed all to herself. Plus she likes to sleep with the fan on full blast, even in the middle of the cold December and January nights. E lamigin ako so, off to the floor I go.

Ging was preparing to go to sleep and she noticed me almost comatose on the floor. I asked her to sit with me for a few minutes and talk about school. I must admit, most nights, in our tiredness or both distracted by chores, TV or other stuff, we neglect to really talk. That's what I'm working on improving in our relationship.

I asked her about several projects she's working on, when's the presentation and all that stuff. She mentioned her partner on one project is in Malaysia right now. We talked about the countries we want to visit next (I said Malaysia, she Japan and Paris) and then our talk ventured to books. Because of her fascination in anime and my favor for Japanese food, our convo went back to Japan. Sabi ko mahal kasi dun pero we do want to go there and see some cherry blossoms, haha! I mentioned one of my fave books, "Memoirs of a Geisha" and explained the plot a little. I told her she might enjoy reading it sometime.

She moved towards our bookshelf and started perusing some of the titles there. I made a move to stand up and look for the Memoirs book and you know what she said? "Ops, ops Mommy, Mommy. Stop. Go back," she berated me and pointed me back to my bed. "Ang hot hot mo o. Dapat magpapawis ka ng sobra-sobra Mommy kahit ayaw mo na para mawala lagnat mo. Ganun ginawa ko e," she added matter-of-factly. Suddenly I was the pasaway sick kid and she was the sensible mother.

Shortly after,Ging started to prepare for bed. She kissed me goodnight; I got out of the room to do my chores and was the dishes.

When I came back later, I found my mattress covered with the fitted bed sheet, all smooth and made up, my pillows arranged, blanket spread out neatly, and an extra neck pillow and my pair of sleeping socks laid neatly on top a my pillow. My thoughtful little angel - who had to be coerced every morning to please, please make up her own bed - was already burrowed under the comforter, fast asleep.

Haaaay. Ang sarap naman nun. :)

2 comments:

  1. I know hehe, after nun, balik ulit sa dati, ayaw na naman ayusin ang kama. ;)

    ReplyDelete