Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 1

I realized why I've been extra stressed lately. Okay, there's a lot of reasons. A looot. But this hit me especially hard one day: I haven't been writing. Before my other accounts were hacked, I maintained a couple of blogs that I frequently updated, jotting down every little thought and any random event that occurred to me. It's great therapy.

Then I got lazy. Posting one- or two-liner status updates or tagging photos seemed so much easier. So now, my brain's turned to mush and I have months of lamentations and gossips to catch up on.

I will write and write, even when I have nothing to say, even when I sound redundant. I'm sure something useful and creative would eventually come out of my rants.

So before I go to sleep, I have to get this off my chest. For people who like to play their music players or phones on LOUD-SPEAKER-MODE in public places (i.e., bus, jeepneys, restaurants and - eek- even cinemas), I will refer you to a great little invention you should have brought along with your gadgets: EARPHONES.

I commute everyday, and when I ride with people who do this, I can barely contain my urge to push them off the bus while speeding on SLEX. It's a public space and I think it's quite obnoxious to shove your music choices down my throat. I'm trying to sleep here, or at the every least, try to enjoy what little peace and quiet there is, given the vehicle's loud exhaust pipe and the creaks and heaves of every bump, the other passengers' incessant chatter and the sound of other cars on the road. Do I have to suffer Michael Learns To Rock on repeat mode, from Los Banos to Alabang?

I'm not saying my play lists are better than yours; some of my choice would make others cringe. Which is why I wear earphones! So while I understand the need for you to flaunt your high-end phone's playback capabilities or your newly G-masked iPod, I suggest you keep your tunes to yourself. Not only are you incredibly rude and annoying, you're giving that man next to you the option to play snatcher today.

So if you love you player, keep it, and if you would prefer to stay inside the bus for the duration of the ride, be goddamn discreet.

No comments:

Post a Comment