Saturday, October 20, 2012

Five Budget Kikay Products I'm Swearing By This Month

I was rummaging through my perpetually messy kikay kit and realized my skin's been behaving quite well this month. So, just because I'm a girly girl too (di lang obvious sa itsura ko haha!), I wanna share. :)


  1. Garnier LightComplete Multi-action Whitening Cream. It’s light and leaves a matte, powdery finish, plus really helped clear those pesky acne marks I’ve had since the early part of this year, when it seemed pimples have taken permanent residence on my face. Plus this product has UVA/UVB filters so it’s the ideal day cream. As for its 8-hour shine-free claim, if I use it alone, it stays matte for an hour or so, but I blame my oily, nay greasy skin for that. If used with concealer and powder, it stays fresher longer. But as a make-up base, it’s better than other moisturizers. About PHP 65 for a 20 ml tube.

  1. Maybelline Clear Smooth B.B Stick in Radiance. I have been using the liquid BB cream for years now, but this is way better. I’m glad my sister Joy sent me one. It goes on really light on the skin, evens out blotchy skin tones and visibly minimizes my pores. It also has SPF 21 PA+++. Not because I have porcelain skin, but I never use any face product without any form of sunscreen or sunblock. I use it as my concealer and just apply dabs under my eyes, around the nose and mouth and on my T-zone (forehead and nose bridge). Since it’s a stick, it’s easier to apply, unlike messy liquids that can spill or need spongers or brushes to put on. For a commuter like me who almost always ends up doing my make-up routine inside a moving bus, this is definitely a plus. It doesn’t offer the same full coverage as foundations do, but it’s perfect for everyday use and for those who don’t like the feel of too much gunk on their faces. It comes in two shades; the lighter one is Fresh. PHP 249 for a 10-gram, 3-inch stick.

  1. CoverGirl Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder in Soft Honey. My friend Leni bought it but was a couple of shades too dark for her so she sold it to me for a mere fraction of its PHP 499-price tag (hooray for friends!). It matches my complexion perfectly so I avoid that white-face-dark-neck horror in pictures. Normally I would have to touch up my face or wipe it with tissue after an hour or so of putting make up but with this powder (used with the afore-mentioned moisturizer and BB cream) it leaves my face matte for hours. I looked it up and it comes in 12 shades, with Soft Honey being third to the darkest. It's also fragrance-free and comes in Original and Oily formulas too. It comes with a puff but goes on better with a big, fluffy powder brush. Try Nichido’s surprisingly soft kabuki brush for about PHP 240.

  1. Dalacin C antibacterial capsule (generic name Cindamycin) mixed with half a small bottle of astringent (Eskinol or Maxi-Peel did fine). Apparently, this was an age-old practice only recently shared with me. Cy and Mac, my officemates, told me they’ve known of this little concoction way back in high school.Hmn, maybe because I never had to worry about pimples until well into adulthood so I never heard of this?  Haha!  I was going through an especially "rough patch" (so to speak, my face was rough and riddled with blemishes for several months) and have tried many products in vain. The branded capsule cost about PHP 60-70, but I scored mine at Rose Pharmacy for about PHP 6 each. Toner is PHP 25-35 for a 75-100 ml bottle.

5. Olay Regenerist Cream Cleanser. Don’t tell my mom (because it’s hers) but I’ve swiped quite a few dollops from her tube. I’m used to foaming facial washes and soaps, which kind of left my skin with a  squeaky tight and dry feeling, thus setting my industrious oil glands into overdrive. But this cleanser is thicker and heavier, doesn’t bubble up as much, and has tiny exfoliating beads to remove dullness. My face feels more supple and moisturized after washing. I should probably buy my own product before Mama noticed I’m sharing hers. Cost about PHP 320.



No comments:

Post a Comment