Friday, September 24, 2010

Fresh Meat

*originally written March 21, 2010*

With all these "going green" trend around, recycling's big right these days. I guess even the dating scene has caught on, with exes getting back together and past flings getting revisited. Friends have been teasing me about our high school batch's 10th year reunion later on this year. "Balikan," they sang. Eww, is what I say. And I don't want to misconstrue an ex's friendliness, despite others' constant ribbing during inuman sessions.

To the guys I've loved and lost...well, don't say you didn't have your chance.

I have learned an important lesson.

The last time I fell for that "One More Chance" crap, I got a little bun in the oven merely four months after. Much as my mom loves her mini-me apo, I'm pretty sure she's not up for another er, "miracle baby." Same goes for recycling other women's junk. Last time I went ukay-ukay mode on another girl's cast off, I lost a really great girl friend and got an emotionally retarded dildo in return. Not exactly a fair trade-off, which sad to say, I rightfully deserved, I guess.

Love is lovelier the second time around? Naku, "been there, been that" hahaha! What a tired, tired cliche! Gone are the days that sentimentality prevented me from completely moving on. Enough with trying to resuscitate an obviously dead relationship or hoping to relive an old flame, just because it seems such a shame to let go of months or years of history together. Thinking how much time I wasted... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment