Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Janno

Janno Farrales - former teammate, close friend, kabaklaan, one-time designer of my dress for my first HSBC holiday party, our taga-guest list in our only Cosmo bash in Embassy, dependable laitera-mate, fellow beach bum and party animal - passed away yesterday. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was only twenty-five. I felt bad I didn't get to visit him during the times he was in the hospital. I felt I let our busy lives get in the way of not seeing each other anymore after he resigned. We drifted apart, yes, but whenever I look at our old pictures during our many out-of-town trips, parties, hangouts and sleeping poses on the ops floor, they never fail to make me smile. 

I came across an old post I saved from my defunct Multiply blog. It was dated October 30, 2007, 12:50 AM, right after Maru took Janno, Hudson, me and some friends to La Union to surf for the first time. These are just some of the kooky moments I was able to capture in print and photos. I edited some of the parts out for, er, security purposes. I'm sure you'll understand, Janno. Walang labasan ng baho, right? 


*****

DEADLY LINES

I wish I took down notes of all the kaharutan that I, Janno, Dith, Maru, and Pags  uttered during those hours inside Celine (Dith's car) and hanging out on the shore with nothing but sand between our toes!

Contravida wannabees:

Janno: Nanding, pasabugin ang mga inutil na itoh! Chui, iligpit ang mga alipin!

(while holding a toy gun to Pags' temple) Kung hindi ka mapapasa akin, walang ibang makikinabang sayo!

(to Gab, Dolo's son, teary-eyed echoz) Anak, magpapakabait ka ha, susulat ka kay Mommy, magpapadala ako ng pera sayo....

Taray, san punta mo teh, Hongkong?


On marriage:

Pags: Ang pagaasawa hindi parang mainit na kanin na pwede iluwa basta-basta.
Janno: O bakit, pwede naman iluwa ang kanin diba?

Huh? Focus tayo teh.

On showing 'em who's the boss:

Pags: (hawak manibela at Ruth's cellphone, talking to Psycho Wife in a well-modulated voice): Sinabi ko naman sayo diba, ako ang magtetext sayo mamaya. Huwag kang magtext. Huwag kang tumawag. Mahirap ba intindihin yun? Kung hindi ka makaintindi, wag ka gumamit ng cellphone. (in a low whisper) Bigyan mo naman ako ng delikadesa, hindi ko cellphone to...


On loving someone who won't be able to provide you:


Maru: Sa bawat tibok ba ng puso ko, may lalabas bang bigas?

On commuting:

Jaz: Actually okay din magcommute, marami akong natututunan... independence, agility of mind and body, fostering camaraderie with my fellow passengers...

Classic teeny-bopper beak-up scene:


Dith's ex: I love you, pero I need time. I need space. Gusto ko ma-experience muna maging single...

Gusto mapag-isa? Go ka sa bartolina, boy.

On pick-up lines:


Janno to Luke (the gorrrgeous surf instructor): Can you teach me how to surf... your abs?

Good thing hindi nahampas ng surfboard sa fez.

Janno: (While surveying the abundance of hot bods on the beach) Naglipana ang hipon sa karagatan. Tanggalin mo lang ang ulo, ulam na.

While Mario was singing "How Do I Breathe" on the way home in Dith's car:

Maru: Parang amoy lumpia...
Janno: Ay sorry, umutot ako.
Maru: Ang timing.. How do I breathe nga!

On naming our own beach resort:

Maru: Ruth's Sanctuary... mala-spa ang dating, very chillax.
Jaz: JazGurl's Paradise... nagkalat ang gwapo't magaganda.
Janno: Janno's Isle of Pleasure... complete with themed rooms, like Jungle (as in jungle sa kalat, walang toilet maghuhukay ka), dominatrix with whip and leather, etc...
Pags: Aaahh... Pags' Place. Yun lang po tenks.

More to come from the archives of La Union.





******
Ang bababaw pero I was laughing and crying while reading these and remembering our moments, Janno. I pray you're doing the same up there. Hope you don't forget you promised to design my wedding gown. Email mo na lang ha, wag mo na deliver sakin ng personal.

 I'll miss you, Faggy. Hugs, Jaggy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment