Wednesday, December 5, 2012

One P-day

  

Started my day devo-ing on this Word. The guide's author, Charles Stanley, observes our common preoccupation of trying and trying - through our own accord and strength - if things don't go as planned. He says, "When you become a Christian, you naturally tend to integrate this attitude into your walk with Christ. If you fail to conquer certain habits, you keep trying. If you fall short in obeying key Scripture verses, you buckle down and try again... Failure can be the catalyst that leads you from mere understanding  to trusting... acknowledging that you can do nothing apart from Christ."

Again, I marvel at his perfectly-timed chastise. Too often I want to do something because I have to obey, but I realized before my actions can manifest genuine obedience, He must first change my heart. If at first we don't succeed, try again - this time, with God.


Pay.

Went to the bank, paid bills and watched the dwindling 13th month pay go to those pesky adult concerns called responsibilities. Yewww. 


Pamper.

At least, I managed to get a mani-pedi right at the comforts of my own house. Mama discovered our next-door neighbor's katiwala is a skilled manicurista, and can take out even the most stubborn ingrown in less than half an hour. Yey! All for forty (cleaning only) to fifty bucks (with polish).


Papa.



As I posted in my FB  status,I've been kinda making karir this little Jeremy Renner crush, nyaha! In the last couple weeks, I rented "Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol" and watched it for the third time and not because I like Tom Cruise, excuse me. I made do with a low-quality bootleg DVD of "Bourne Legacy" just because I wasn't able to catch it in a movie theater and I wanted to see the jeepneys do drifting in the finale car/motorbike/jeepney chase. Today I rented "The Hurt Locker," the critically-acclaimed film Renner starred in before he became more prominent as that bow-and-arrow Marvel hero. Bonus, I didn't know Anthony Mackie was in the film too. I liked him in "The Adjustment Bureau," which starred Matt Damon and Emily Blunt, another fast-paced, action thriller with a clever twist.


Pastor Jon.

Started reading and following our senior pastor's blog (I'm from Victory Los Banos). Great read. And he also offers links to other useful posts too. Pastor Adrian is another good writer and preacher I started following few weeks back. His blog's here. Check out Pastor Jon's blog. One of my fave posts is "Wrong Theologies." Read it here here.


Pig-out.

Well, I wouldn't exactly call it pigging out, because although I ate a lot today, most were also healthy stuff: chestnuts, kiwi and mangosteen that I found at Divi yesterday; grapes from the vegetable bin; cassava cake, tikoy and espasol from our Mauban, Quezon getaway last weekend. Also had the usual junk food: pancit canton for lunch, Tortillos and Tostillas, a strawberry-banana blizzard; a piece of pancake Ate Jean brought home from work; merlion-shaped macadamia chocolates from a coworker. For meals I had pork hamonado, daing na bangus and Maggi noodles I dressed up with scrambled eggs and pechay Baguio. I capped off the day with a tall glass of Megamass. I. Need. To. Get. FAT. Asap.


Pangarap Lang Kita, and others.

LSS-ing on Parokya Ni Edgar's "Pangarap Lang Kita," Goyte's "Somebody That I Used To Know," Hillsong's "The Difference" and Gary V's "Take Me Out Of The Dark." The first two I heard on a Divi-bound FX yesterday, and they stuck. Nice lyrics. As a result, bought another pair of earphones just so I can do my sound-trips better. I couldn't wait nay longer the office kris kringle to find out if one of my "babies" got me earphones, which I put in my wish list. In keeping up with the P-theme, I bought Philipps. My old one (which I got on sale for PHP 495, orig price was PHP 2800) was Pioneer and it broke in less than three months. Boo. Watch the video here.


Print.

Helped Ging with her assignments, printed out numerous reports and visual aids (the Philippine Senate seal, among others). Also scanned a pic for a friend with her B and uploaded it to FB. 


Puyat.

I was on vacay for two days, but I still wasn't able to catch up on sleep. DVD marathons and constantly being online do nothing for my beauty sleep plans. Plus, I had to wake up early to help Ging prep for school in the morning.

Speaking of puyat, gotta go to sleep now. Tomorrow, back to regular programming. Bleah. But hope everyone had a great midweek! 

No comments:

Post a Comment